Recipe by Mrs B
Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients, this recipe is very easy and quick to make. If you can get them, you can use Thai kaffir leaves, instead of the grated lime rind. Serve with Thai fragrant rice. Recipe from “Best-ever Cook’s Collection: Vegetarian” and posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small lemon, juice of (or a lime)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce creamed coconut
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- thin slices fresh red chili peppers or red pepper
- fresh coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in the boiling water.
- Toss the tofu cubes in soy sauce and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put all the curry paste ingredients into a food processor or blender and ‘blitz’ until smooth .
- Heat the oil in a wok until quite hot; drain the tofu cubes and stir fry at a high temperature until just firm and well browned on all sides; drain on kitchen paper towel.
- Wipe out the wok, pour in the paste and stir well; return the tofu to the wok and mix it into the paste, reheating the ingredients as you stir.
- Serve on a flat platter, garnished with chilli or pepper and chopped coriander.