Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Modified from Cooking Light. Braggs is less sodium. Also they do not specify but to brown the waterpacked tofu MUST be pressed. To do this step wrap tofu in cheesecloth if you wish to keep shape. Place on cutting board slanted toward sink. Then put a large heavy plate on it. This will press/drain the tofu. Wipe gently when done.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped seeded serrano chili
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 12 1⁄3 ounces waterpacked firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 5 cups hot cooked basmati rice or 5 cups other long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat tbsp oil in heavy pot over med high heat then add the leeks [to reduce fat use broth instead of oil]saute 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper, ginger, garlic [and if needed broth]and saute a minute.
- Stir in Braggs, curry and sugar. Now add water with the squash, salt and coconut milk.
- Boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet [or use broth] over med high heat and add tofu. Saute for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Stir occasionally if using oil. Stir more often if using water/broth.
- Add tofu and juice to squash mixture.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle evenly with peanuts and cilantro before serving.