Sue Lau's Note:
This is a versatile recipe, where other vegetables or even other meats, such as chicken, could be substituted. If using meat in the recipe, do allow longer simmering time until the meat is cooked through. Shrimp do not need a long cooking time however, and only need to cook until they turn pink and curl. Overcooking them would make them tough. But tofu is best in this recipe, as it absorbs the flavor of the curry paste, and also is very healthy. Recipe by Judy Bastyra. Posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3 1/4 cups button mushrooms
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 6 ounces firm tofu, rinsed,drained,and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 -4 fresh hot red chilies or 2 -4 Thai chiles, chopped (amount to taste)
- fresh cilantro leaves (coriander)
- 1Heat approximately 1/3 of the coconut milk in a large pan.
- 2When it starts to separate (an oily sheen will appear on the surface), add the curry paste, fish sauce, and sugar and stir to mix well.
- 3Add the cleaned mushrooms and cook 1 minute.
- 4Pour in the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the green beans and tofu, then reduce heat, and simmer gently for about 4-5 minutes.
- 6Add the kaffir lime leaves and hot chillies.
- 7Garnish with cilantro before serving.
- 8Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Tofu and Green Bean Red Curry
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.1
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1089.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves