1/8 Photos of Thai Thighs
You can adjust the heat level of this recipe by altering the amount of salsa and/or the chili sauce/sambal to taste. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in (skin optional)
- 1 cup salsa verde (so salsa is not Thai – this is fusion cuisine!)
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet chili sauce or 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 3 -4 fluid ounces thai peanut sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh squoze lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons asian fish sauce or 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 -10 scallions, white part only,chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated or minced
- 1/4 cup cashews (or more, to taste)
- fresh cilantro or parsley (to garnish)
- 1Place salsa, chili sauce, peanut sauce, juice, fish sauce, scallions and ginger in a bowl mix thoroughly.
- 2Chill this mixture for 30 minutes, then taste and adjust spice/heat to taste.
- 3Place this mixture and the thighs in a gallon freezer bag or a covered plastic container.
- 4Shake well to thoroughly coat thighs and marinate overnight in fridge, turning once or twice.
- 5Dump the whole shootin match in ye olde crocke potte and cook on low setting for about 7 hours or till chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- 6Carefully remove chicken to a pre-warmed serving dish.
- 7Taste sauce again and adjust seasonings to taste.
- 8Place cashews in plastic baggie and bash em with a kitchen hammer/mallet.
- 9Serve chicken with sauce poured over and garnish with bashed cashews and chopped cilantro/parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.9
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 1086.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: