Recipe by Mercy
This thick and savory soup uses tapioca in place of rice or pasta and is customarily served in individual bowls lined with lettuce.
Top Review by Tebo
This is an interesting soup. I think it really depends on a good stock. I used a homemade shrimp stock and it was good. I also used hamburger as I had no pork on hand. Thanks for the post Mercy
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups pork stock
- 1⁄2 cup ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons asian fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup cooked crabmeat (or canned)
- pepper, to taste
- cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the stock to simmering in a large pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the hot stock into a bowl and stir in the pork.
- Return mixture to the pan.
- Add the garlic and fish sauce, then add the tapioca and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the tapioca is clear, add the crab meat and season to taste with pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.