Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This thick and savory soup uses tapioca in place of rice or pasta and is customarily served in individual bowls lined with lettuce.
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups pork stock
- 1⁄2 cup ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons asian fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup cooked crabmeat (or canned)
- pepper, to taste
- cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the stock to simmering in a large pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the hot stock into a bowl and stir in the pork.
- Return mixture to the pan.
- Add the garlic and fish sauce, then add the tapioca and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the tapioca is clear, add the crab meat and season to taste with pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
This is an interesting soup. I think it really depends on a good stock. I used a homemade shrimp stock and it was good. I also used hamburger as I had no pork on hand. Thanks for the post Mercy