Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I learned to make these at a course run by Leith's cooking school in London. They're really easy to make and go well with Thai curries.
- 340 g sweetcorn, drained or frozen (precooked)
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- oil (for frying)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 120 ml cold water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Place half the sweetcorn in a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and beat until you have a thick batter.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan for shallow frying.
- Use a teaspoon to put spoonfuls of batter in the oil and fry until golden.
- This will take no more than 30 seconds on each side.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Don't make the fritters too big or they won't cook through.
- Mix the ingredients for the dipping sauce together and serve immediately.