Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious, easy and flavorful stew. I found it on www.vegetariantimes.com. It turned out marvelous and I thought I should share.
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon thai chili paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cubed (3 cups)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 14 ounces can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In mini food processor, spice blender or mortar with pestle, mash garlic, lemongrass, ginger and chile paste until paste forms (or finely mince with knife).
- In large saucepan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Add paste mixture (or minced ingredients) and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes, broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in salt and garnish with peanuts.