Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty spicy thai flavoured soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 long red chile, deseeded chopped
- 1 kg sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 500 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup coriander leaves
- yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add leeks and cook 3 minutes.
- Add spices and chilli stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add potato, carrot. Stir to mix.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover to cook for 30 minutes.
- Blend soup with hand-held mixer.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir through coriander and serve with a dollop of yoghurt.