Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've never tried this and I'm a little bit leery. but it looks easy, so what the heck, I'll try it.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- Heat oven to 400°F and lightly grease and 8- or 9-inch square baking pan. To prepare the custard: In a medium saucepan, stir together the eggs and the coconut milk and then mix in the sugar. Add the sweet potatoes and stir well. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves and the custard thickens a bit, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the custard into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until puffed and golden brown; a butter knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Let it cool. Serve at room temperature, cut into small squares to eat with a fork or spoon.