Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick, easy and heart warming soup; simple to make. Makes a warm, thick creamy soup in 22 minutes.
- Put chopped onion into a pot and stir until soft.
- Add the chopped red chili (with or without seed).
- Add 2 chopped leeks.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Fill with vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes.
- Salt/pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat.
- Add coconut cream or milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy with chunky fresh bread.
Delicious! The only change I made was leaving it chunky instead of pureeing, as we prefer our soups more "stew"-like. The flavors are subtle and seductive!