Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After having this great dish at a Thai restuarant in Petaluma, California, I knew I had to find the recipe. This recipe for Sweet Pork cames from the cookbook, True Thai. This dish has some great flavors going on and a definate keeper at our house. The kids love it!
- Place all of the ingredients within easy reach of the cooking area.
- Set wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and garlic and heat till garlic sizzles (be careful not to burn garlic). Rotate pan so the oil coats the sides.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork. Stir-fry 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry 2-3 minutes until brown sugar mixture has thickened.
I really liked this, the flavours are really good together. I think I have had something similar in the Thai restaurant. My DH was a bit scared of it at first (the smell from the fish sauce, when he had him smell the sauce by itself he got less worried), and he really liked once he tried it. I had cut down on the garlic because I thought we had more, I will add them next time I make it though to help cut down on the smell. Thanks for sharing! Made for my 3 Chefs 2009.