Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very easy homemade Thai sauce that is sweet with a nice little bit of heat. This sauce is great for dipping and cooking both. While not what we call hot you can cut the red pepper flakes in half or omit the Sriracha to cut the heat. This recipe comes from Life Tastes Like Food.
- In a pot over medium-high heat mix the 1/4 cup water, rice vinegar and sugar; when mixture starts to boil, add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring the boil down to a simmer and let it simmer for another couple of minutes (this will make sure all the flavors get infused).
- Add the Sriracha and ginger if using.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and tablespoon of water until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Bring the sauce to a low boil again and add the salt and cornstarch/water mixture.
- The sauce will begin to thicken up immediately. Cook, while stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches desired thickness, about 3-5 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool and then use as a dipping sauce or store in refrigerator till ready to use. **Storing does cause it to loss heat so recommend eating the same day if you like the heat**.