Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a hot, sweet, sticky sauce that goes with Thai barbecued chicken as well as appetizers like spring rolls or fried won-tons. From the great Thai cookbook "True Thai". We absolutely love this!
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and a 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Bring to a low boil over med-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in remaining sugar.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently as the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the salt.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then stir in the chili-garlic sauce and remove from heat.
- Let sauce cool and serve at room temp.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks if it lasts that long.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
This was an excellent dipping sauce - one of the better recipes I've found. I have tried it with both white vinegar and rice vinegar and have decided that I'll probably reduce the amount of vinegar next time. Thanks for sharing!
FABULOUS!!!! The perfect dipping sauce for my Tender Fried Calamari ! Super easy too! I used cider vinegar and Huy Fong chili garlic sauce. The only suggestion I would makle is to start off with a little less chili garlic sauce to start. I think its perfect using the full tablespoon, but I enjoy lots of heat... others might want to start with a little less. But LOVED this terrific recipe! Thanks for sharing!