Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is very different from the usual Chinese dish. There is not too much sugar and no vinegar, having said that it is still a very good, colourful and simple to cook dish.
- 12 ounces lean pork, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded and sliced lenghtwise into 2 " pieces
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 spring onions, cut lenghtwise 2-inch strips
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic till just golden, add the pork and fry 4 minutes
- Add the onion.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, cucumber, tomato, pineapple and spring onions.
- IF the mixture is dry add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and shredded spring onions.
- Serve with fried rice or noodles.
Very good sweet and sour considering there is no vinegar. We enjoyed it and I will make it again. Perhaps with more fish sauce. I used a yellow sweet pepper and a small jalepeno pepper. Loved the fact that I could eat a pork dish with so little fat and low carb too. and on top of that lots of flavour! thanks for posting.