Top Review by Maito
I love Thai cucumber salad and was pleased how good this was. I used half the sugar and just a sprinkle of salt. I also only made one fourth of the sauce, and it was still plenty. We actually served it with the juice and spoons and it was great this way! Served 2 big vegetable eaters.
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 large cucumber (about 12 oz)
- 59.14 ml red onion, coarsely chopped
- 78.07 ml dry roasted salted peanut, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- fresh cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt and boil gently over medium heat. Stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar and salt. After about 2 minutes, when the syrup is clear and slightly thickened, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Peel the cucumber and slice lengthwise in quarters. (You can remove the seeds if you want to.) Slice these strips into 1/4 inch thick triangles.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, cooled vinegar mixture, onion, and cilantro and mix well.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve into individual dishes. Sprinkle servings with the chopped peanuts and cilantro leaves.