Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These Thai summer rolls are fun to make and so good to eat! My kids love them!
- 226.79 g medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 99.22 g thin rice noodles (rice vermicelli)
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 36 fresh cilantro leaves
- 113.39 g roast pork, cooked and sliced 1/8 inch thick (or beef)
- 14.79 ml chopped peanuts
- 14.79 ml lime peel
- dipping sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml chili oil
- Bring large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp; simmer 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon to a small bowl. When cool, slice shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, soften rice noodles in medium bowl of boiling water for two minutes. Drain; cut noodles into managable 3-inch lengths.
- Soften rice paper wrappers in a large bowl of warm water 30 to 40 seconds or until pliable. Drain wrappers, 1 at a time, on paper towels and transfer to clean work surface. Arrange 3 cilantro leaves in center of wrapper. Layer with two shrimp halves, some pork, rice noodles some peanuts and lime peel.
- Fold bottom of wrapper up over filling; fold in each side and roll up, burrito-style. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Dipping Sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well.