Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooking Light. June 2007.
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage (Chinese)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, julienne-cut
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, julienne-cut
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, julienne-cut
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, julienne-cut
- 1⁄2 cup seeded peeled cucumber, julienne-cut
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated radish
- 1 minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- To prepare slaw, combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle over slaw; toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
This salad was beautiful. I love asian slaws and was hopeful that this would be delicious. Unfortunately, the dressing is very, very sour. The bit of sugar is not enough to offset the lime, and without oil, there is nothing to buffer the sourness. Perhaps my lime was very sour, but I measured per the recipe. Even DH, who loves sour foods found it too much so.