Recipe by Kitchen Witch Steph
I'm posting this for ZWT4. Found it on a site called Bella Online.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 3 serves and the DM, the DS and myself very much enjoyed. I did tone down a little as the DM is not big on spicy so used a 1/2 a small birdseye chilli deseeded and used parsley instead of cilantro/coriander. Thank you Kitchen Witch Steph, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 5 lbs red potatoes (or Yukon gold)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (set aside 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, chopped fine (adjust up or down for level of heat you like)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and quarter the bag of potatoes.
- Boil for 20 minutes or until semi-tender. Don't over boil.
- Strain potatoes.
- Blanche in cool water to stop the cooking.
- In a bowl add a 1/2 cup of the mayo, mix gently and put in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Take out of fridge and add mayo, celery, onions, bell peppers, eggs, cilantro, soy, lime, peanut butter, ginger, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- Fold gently, to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Let sit in refrigerator for about 45 minutes before serving.
- Mix in the bacon just before serving to your family and/or guests.