Recipe by HappyBunny
This is a fabulous recipe which is very quick to put together and even quicker to eat! It's been in the recipe folder on my computer for a while so I can't remember where it originally came from. I have actually added a few salad leaves in the past so feel free to play around with it.
Top Review by Oz in Dubai
Put this together with some trepidation as my rubber band claims to loathe mint. He's had it in various guises before and not complained (so long as it doesn't go anywhere near roast lamb)and he loves coriander. So we gave it a run as written, although I used a couple of very small Asian red onions in place of the shallots and omitted the peanuts. Put sesame oil in the dressing and the two of us polished off the lot ( 2 x 150gm chicken breasts)as a one-dish dinner. Happy bunnies indeed! Will be back for seconds...
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 small red shallots, sliced
- 1 small red chile, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill; Brush the chicken with vegetable oil and grill until cooked through; Let it rest for five minutes and then slice thinly.
- For the dressing, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, and sugar until the sugar dissolves; Add the sliced shallots, chilli and spring onions and toss together.
- Tear the mint and coriander leaves and lightly toss with the chicken, salt and pepper.
- At the last minute, add the dressing to the chicken and toss lightly; Arrange it on plates, scatter with peanuts and serve with lime wedges.