Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, from Weight Watchers Magazine, September-October 2008, 2 "thingies" per 1 cup serving. Serve with "Quick Green Rice WW". This also works well with red or green Thai chili paste. If all else fails, use an equal amount of hot pepper sauce.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
My DH is seriously not a tofu type. He loved this. I wilted the sprouts and carrots and we were out of basil. Sprinkled with some chopped peanuts and served over brown rice, it was an excellent vegetarian dinner. Thanks so much.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 14 ounces reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the broth, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, and curry paste in a medium bowl.
- Place the tofu in a 1 1/2-quart microwavable dish and pour the broth mixture over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap; then prick a few holes in the plastic.
- Microwave on HIGH until heated through, 4-5 minutes.
- Top with the bean sprouts, carrots, and basil.