In '300 Best Stir-Fry Recipes' by Nancie McDermott
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks (or chicken thighs)
- 1 cup small cauliflower floret
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumber (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1In a bowl, combine fish sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt; stir well and set aside.
- 2Heat a wok or a large deep skillet over high heat.
- 3Add oil and swirl to coat pan.
- 4Add garlic and toss well, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- 5Add chicken and spread into a single layer.
- 6Cook, until edges turn white, about 1 minute; toss well.
- 7Add cauliflower florets and onion and toss well.
- 8Add water and cook, tossing once or twice, until cauliflower is tender, about 2 minutes.
- 9Add fish sauce mixture and toss well.
- 10Cook, undisturbed, until chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- 11Add cucumber chunks and cherry tomatoes.
- 12Give one more good toss to mix everything well.
- 13Transfer to a serving plate; serve hot or warm.
- 14May serve over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 1427.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 13.8 g