Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
In '300 Best Stir-Fry Recipes' by Nancie McDermott
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks (or chicken thighs)
- 1 cup small cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cucumber (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine fish sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt; stir well and set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large deep skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add garlic and toss well, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add chicken and spread into a single layer.
- Cook, until edges turn white, about 1 minute; toss well.
- Add cauliflower florets and onion and toss well.
- Add water and cook, tossing once or twice, until cauliflower is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce mixture and toss well.
- Cook, undisturbed, until chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Add cucumber chunks and cherry tomatoes.
- Give one more good toss to mix everything well.
- Transfer to a serving plate; serve hot or warm.
- May serve over hot cooked rice.
Really quick and easy, and delicious - even loved by the veggie-hating men of the house! Pleasant to see a Sweet and Sour without pineapple, which I hate to eat cooked. Thanks!