Recipe by stephstew
This recipe is very versatile. You can make it with chicken or pork, or just lots of veggies. I usually use fresh veggies in the stir fry but you also can use a 16 oz package of frozen veggies, thawed in place of them. The sauce is the real star here. Everything balances so nicely!
Top Review by Susie D
I enjoy the ease of stir frys. They make such a quick dinner. This one didn't disappoint in speed or flavor. I used red and green peppers, preshredded carrots, and threw in a drained can of bamboo shoots. I added a half teaspoon of sesame oil to the sauce. The sauce is sweet and I liked the nutty flavor. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cut into 1-in strips
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 236.59 ml carrot, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml unsweetened apple juice
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 59.14 ml creamy peanut butter
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes. Stir in veggies; cook, uncovered for 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir into chicken mixture and heat through until sauce is smooth and coats everything nicely.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat noodles.