heather in Ont,'s Note:
I found this in a Fine Cooking Magazine and made it the other night. This is so quick and easy to make and packed with flavoured. You could easily add bok choy, peppers or other vegetables to the stir fry. This made 3 generous portion but could serve 4 if you have it with a salad or other side dishes. I served this over brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1 inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, lightly packed
- 1Heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering hot in a well seasoned wok or a heavy duty 12 inch skillet.
- 2Add sliced shallots, sliced garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook frequently, until the shallots start to soften but not brown, 1- 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until it's no longer pink and the shallots are beginning to brown, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the fish sauce, lime juice, and 1/4 cup water. Cook stirring frequently, until the chicken is just cooked and the liquid reduces to a saucy consistency, 2 to 3 minutes. (If sauce reduces before the chicken is cooked through, add water, 1 tbsp at a time.).
- 5Remove from heat, add the basil, and stir to wilt it.
- 6Serve over cooked jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Style Stir Fried Chicken With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.9
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 844.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 49.0 g