This arrived in my inbox just in time for ZWT9! Curry paste and coconut milk spice up a simple chicken and vegetable stir-fry. Once the ingredients are prepped, the cooking goes quickly, so have everything ready before you heat the pan.
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine rice vinegar, brown sugar, lime juice, red curry paste, and crushed red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, turning once.
- Remove chicken from the bag, reserving marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add onion and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add reserved marinade, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add coconut milk and fish sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Stir in chicken and salt; cook 1 minute. Top with sprouts and cilantro.