Recipe by jana_kloots
an infusion of thai herbs and a beautiful cut of fish, create a tempting, low fat meal for dinner or lunch
- 250 g ocean trout fillets (per person)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped (or 5 cm of lemongrass root)
- 2 cm knob fresh ginger, chopped into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped with 5 cm of root stalk left intact (with roots)
- 2 small chilies, chopped with seeds
- 3 spring onions, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 liter boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- in a double boiler, pour the water, soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil. bring to the boil.
- add the ginger, garlic, sping onions, coriander roots, continue to boil for 5 minutes to infuse flavours.
- put a plate big enough to hold the fish into a steaming basket, which will sit on top of the broth mixture.
- place the fish on plate, skin side up.
- cover the skin with the chopped corriander (leaves and roots) and the chillies.
- put steaming basket on top of the broth and cover. allow to steam for 10-12 minutes depending on how well cooked you like your fish.
- strain the stock and set aside. garnish the fish with boiled ingredients. season with salt and pepper.
- reduce some of the broth and serve over fish.
- best served with steamed jasmine rice.