Recipe by Neonprincess
With lemongrass, fresh coriander and sweet chilli sauce, this chicken will tickle your tastebuds. You will need a large bamboo steamer for this dish. My 8 inch steamer fits two average sized chicken breasts (250g / ½ lb each).
- 4 -6 large swiss chard leaves
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded finely
- 2 small fresh red Thai chile, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely chopped (or minced)
- 500 g fresh rice noodles (1 lb)
Sweet chilli dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop swiss chard leaves into a pan of boiling water, drain immediately, then dip into a bowl of iced water until cold. Drain well.
- Place a chicken fillet on a swiss chard leaf, sprinkle with lime leaves, chilli and lemongrass. Wrap swiss chard leaf around chicken to enclose (you may need more than one leaf if they aren’t large enough).
- Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper or a heatproof plate. Place chicken in prepared steamer over a wok or pan of simmering water. Cover and steam about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with hot water and stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- To make sweet chilli dressing combine all ingredients in a small screw-top jar and shake well.
- Toss half of the sweet chilli dressing through the noodles. Slice the chicken in thick slices and serve with noodles and remaining sweet chilli dressing.