1/3 Photos of Thai Style Steamed Chicken With Noodles
With lemongrass, fresh coriander and sweet chilli sauce, this chicken will tickle your tastebuds. You will need a large bamboo steamer for this dish. My 8 inch steamer fits two average sized chicken breasts (250g / ½ lb each).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 large swiss chard leaves
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded finely
- 2 small fresh red Thai chile, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely chopped (or minced)
- 500 g fresh rice noodles (1 lb)
Sweet chilli dressing
- 1Drop swiss chard leaves into a pan of boiling water, drain immediately, then dip into a bowl of iced water until cold. Drain well.
- 2Place a chicken fillet on a swiss chard leaf, sprinkle with lime leaves, chilli and lemongrass. Wrap swiss chard leaf around chicken to enclose (you may need more than one leaf if they aren’t large enough).
- 3Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper or a heatproof plate. Place chicken in prepared steamer over a wok or pan of simmering water. Cover and steam about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with hot water and stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- 5To make sweet chilli dressing combine all ingredients in a small screw-top jar and shake well.
- 6Toss half of the sweet chilli dressing through the noodles. Slice the chicken in thick slices and serve with noodles and remaining sweet chilli dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Style Steamed Chicken With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 561.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
kaffir lime leaves
red Thai chile
sweet chili sauce