Recipe by Julesong
I tossed this together the other night and it was wonderful! I was more than pleased with the results. Very easy, simple, and tasty. :) A surprisingly tasty combination of ingredients!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, pieces in 1 inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 cup firm tofu or 1 -2 cup extra firm tofu, in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the vegetable broth until it begins simmering, then add the green onion, garlic, and tofu.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, then add the spinach leaves and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer an additional 5 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper (and a tiny bit Tabasco, if you like) then serve immediately.
- Note: regarding the 1 to 2 cups tofu- it depends on how"chunky" you want your soup or how many people you're feeding; you can also add a bit more vegetable broth, but not more than an additional 1/2 to 3/4 cup or you'll dilute the coconut milk too much.
- Also, you can make this a non-vegetarian soup by substituting tofu with cubed cooked chicken.