Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tossed this together the other night and it was wonderful! I was more than pleased with the results. Very easy, simple, and tasty. :) A surprisingly tasty combination of ingredients!
- Heat the vegetable broth until it begins simmering, then add the green onion, garlic, and tofu.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, then add the spinach leaves and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer an additional 5 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper (and a tiny bit Tabasco, if you like) then serve immediately.
- Note: regarding the 1 to 2 cups tofu- it depends on how"chunky" you want your soup or how many people you're feeding; you can also add a bit more vegetable broth, but not more than an additional 1/2 to 3/4 cup or you'll dilute the coconut milk too much.
- Also, you can make this a non-vegetarian soup by substituting tofu with cubed cooked chicken.