Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My version of a thai style spaghetti I had in a restaraunt in Tokyo once. For those of you that like authentic thai flavor. Very spicy.
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, cut diagonally 1/2 an inch in length (soft inner portion only)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I use canola)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed in a garlic press
- 1⁄2 small lime, cut into two wedges
- 10 medium shrimp
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 hot chili pepper
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- fresh basil leaf (a handfull or so)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- cooked spaghetti (2 servings)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (for chicken)
- in a big frying pan, heat oil and brown onions and bell pepper in garlic.
- add shrimp,fish sauce, lime leaf, chili, lemon grass and vinegar.
- brown shrimp and then add green onion, basil and cilantro and fry for 30 seconds.
- add cooked spaghetti and mix well.
- remove lime leaves.
- pepper to taste.
- makes two servings.
- squeeze lime wedge and mix in one tablespoonof Thai sweet chili sauce per serving.