My version of a thai style spaghetti I had in a restaraunt in Tokyo once. For those of you that like authentic thai flavor. Very spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, cut diagonally 1/2 an inch in length (soft inner portion only)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I use canola)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed in a garlic press
- 1/2 small lime, cut into two wedges
- 10 medium shrimp
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 hot chili pepper
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- fresh basil leaf (a handfull or so)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- cooked spaghetti (2 servings)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (for chicken)
- 1in a big frying pan, heat oil and brown onions and bell pepper in garlic.
- 2add shrimp,fish sauce, lime leaf, chili, lemon grass and vinegar.
- 3brown shrimp and then add green onion, basil and cilantro and fry for 30 seconds.
- 4add cooked spaghetti and mix well.
- 5remove lime leaves.
- 6pepper to taste.
- 7makes two servings.
- 8squeeze lime wedge and mix in one tablespoonof Thai sweet chili sauce per serving.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai style spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 2018.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves