Very easy to prepare with lots of flavor. I bought the pre-shredded carrots from the produce section to make it a bit quicker. Recipe is from the Fine Cooking website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin steaks
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 -2 jalapenos or 1 -2 serrano chili, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1Season the steak all over with 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Heat 1 Tbs. of the oil in a large heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak, flipping once, until well browned outside and medium rare inside, 10 to 12 minutes total.
- 2Meanwhile, put the remaining 1 Tbs. oil, 2 Tbs. of the lime juice, 1-1/2 Tbs. of the fish sauce, and 1 teaspoons of the sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine and dissolve the sugar. Add the carrots, cilantro, and chiles and toss well to coat.
- 3When the steak is done, transfer to a large plate, loosely cover with foil, and keep warm. Return the skillet to the stovetop over medium-low heat. Add 1/3 cup water and bring to a boil, scraping with a wooden spoon to release any brown bits. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, and the remaining 1 Tbs. lime juice, 1/2 Tbs. fish sauce, and 1 teaspoons sugar; cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Thinly slice the steak across the grain and transfer to plates. Spoon the sauce over the top and serve with the carrot salad on the side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Sirloin Steak With Red Curry Sauce and Spicy Carrot S
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.3
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 864.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste