Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from the seafood counter. I haven't tried it yet.
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dry roasted salted peanut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Lightly coat pasta with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Meanwhile sprinkle scallops evenly with salt and pepper and brush evenly with 1/4 cup thai chili sauce.
- Lightly coat scallops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill scallops in a grill basket or on a grill rack coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium high heat 2 to 4 ninutes on each side or until opaque.
- Place hot pasta on a serving platter.
- Top with scallops.
- Sprinkle evenly with carrots bean sprout peanuts and basil.
- Serve with remaining chili sauce.
My husband and I made this for our Valentines Day meal and they were great. However,we did make the mistake and got Thai hot chili sauce instead of Thai Sweet chili sauce. We will definitely make this again for our family.
I am giving no stars, because I did not put on grill, 2-4 minutes on my grill Bay Scallops would be dry. It was Ok, would not make again. Sorry.