Recipe by Cadillacgirl
I love how different this dish is - I have a tendency to eat salmon the same few ways over and over and this is a delish changeup. From Ricardo Larrivee
Top Review by momaphet
This was a difficult recipe to review. The salmon is good, and unless you overcook it, in our book any grilled salmon is a 4 star or more recipe. For the noodles, I followed the directions on the package and soaked them first and had to cook them longer than stated here. There is no where in the recipe about what to do with the curry and turmeric and oil with the noodles. So you cook them together? They were fine. The sauce was terrible. It warm bland coconut milk with a taste of ginger and what ends up to be barely cooked peppers and corn. I ended up straining our the veggies, and sautéed them separately, then used the coconut milk to make a peanut sauce.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet
- 150 g rice vermicelli
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
COCONUT MILK SAUCE
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- cilantro leaves or chives, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the fish. Season with pepper.
- Slice the salmon lengthwise into four 2.5-cm (1-inch) wide pieces.
- Place in the marinade, coat thoroughly and let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Drain the salmon. Wrap each piece on itself to form tournedos and keep everything in place with string. Keep refrigerated.
- Noodles: Cook the noodles in salted boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Spread the noodles on a large clean cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium.
- Coconut Milk Sauce: In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil, except for the herbs. Simmer for 2 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Grill the salmon tournedos for about 3 minutes on each side; you could also use a ridged skillet. Keep warm.