Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Bon Appetit. You can also use grilled beef (instead of the seafood) or use squid (uncooked, cleaned, with tentacles reserved and bodies cut into 1/2-inch thick rings) instead of the scallops.
- 1 stalk lemongrass (or 1 T. grated lemon peel)
- 14 ounces uncooked sea scallops
- 8 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons nam pla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 crisp lettuce leaves
- Discard all but bottom 4 inches of lemongrass stalk. Peel off outer layers and discard. Thinly slice lemongrass.
- Combine lemongrass, scallops, shrimp, lime juice, nam pla and red pepper in heavy large skillet. Saute over med-high heat until seafood is just opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl. Cool completely.
- Add shallots, tarragon and cilantro to seafood; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until cold, at least 45 minutes and up to 2 hours To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on platter. Use a slotted spoon to divide seafood among plates. Spoon some juices over them.