Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
If you want to save time on this meal you can use ready bought red Thai paste, I am posting a method here to make some as bought ones often contain animal products. If you wish you can marinade the tofu in 1 tbsp oil/2 tbsp soy for a couple of hours if you need it "taming" a bit
For the Red Curry Paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies, de-seeded
For the roast vegetables
- 2 aubergines, chopped into 2 . 5cm/1 inch pieces
- 1 lb button mushroom, left whole
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 250 g firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon shoyu or 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of, only
For the garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 190°C.
- First make the red curry paste:.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until they form a smooth, thick paste. Set aside.
- Put the vegetables and tofu onto an oven proof tray. Mix the shoyu, groundnut oil and lime or lemon juice and pour over the vegetables. Toss well to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for 25 minutes, then add the curry paste and toss well again to coat. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with basil.