Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tender chicken roasted in Thai flavours.
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 small fresh chili, seeded,sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Pour mixture inside and over chicken.
- Cover and allow to marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour (I usually try to leave it for 4 hours).
- Move to a wire rack baking tray.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 180C (350F) oven for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked, brushing occasionally with pan juices.
- Note, prep time does not include time to marinate.
Great flavor. I used Penang curry paste instead and added a tablespoon palm sugar for sweetness.
This chicken came out very tender and moist. I marinated for 3 hours, and used the marinade to baste for the first hour and a half. I also made sure I pulled the skin up and soaked the meat underneath with the marinade. I didn't get a lot of flavor from the marinade in the meat, so I was disappointed in that. Everything aside, my roast chicken was very moist, and the meat can be used in any recipe calling for cooked chicken. I had just hoped for more flavor from the marinade. Made for Best of 2011 Tag game.
it's a winner!