Recipe by byZula
A luxuriously rich lamb curry with baby potatoes and a thick, creamy coconut sauce.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 (12 ounce) packagesdiced leg of lamb
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cashew nuts
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 freeze-dried thai fresh lime leaves, roughly crumbled
- 1 lb baby new potato, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- lime wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok or large wide pan over a high heat. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute. Mix in the lamb and continue frying until all the pieces are well coated in the paste.
- Place the cashews in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Add these, with the coconut milk, tomato purée and lime leaves, to the wok with the lamb and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 50 minutes-1 hour, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, or until they are just tender when tested with the tip of a knife. Drain and set aside until required (cool under cold running water if not using immediately).
- When almost ready to serve, add the cooked potatoes, fish sauce and sugar to the curry. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, or until all the ingredients are piping hot through.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.