1/1 Photo of Thai-Style Prawn (Shrimp) Stir-Fry
A refreshing prawn/shrimp stir fry from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. They direct to leave the tails on but I always remove them, personal taste.
My Private Note
light m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 kg prawns (green or raw peeled deveined tails intact)
- 2 lemongrass (stalks white part only finely chopped)
- 1 chili (small red thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 4 cm ginger (fresh peeled finely grated)
- 1 brown onion (large cut into wedges)
- 120 g baby corn (packet halved lengthways)
- 1 bunch Broccolini (cut into 4cm pieces or 200 grams broccoli cut into florets)
- 1 red capsicum (large chopped)
- 250 g green beans (trimmed halved diagonally)
- 2 carrots (large halved lengthways thinly sliced diagonally)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch basil (leaved picked)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- lime wedge (to serve)
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large wok on high until the wok is hot and add the prawns and stir fry for 1 minute and then add the lemongrass, chilli, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the prawns just change colour and remove from the wok and set aside.
- 2Heat remaining oil in the wok on medium high and add the onion, corn, broccolini, capsicum, green beans and carrot and then add the water and cook covered toss twice for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- 3Return prawn mixture to the wok and toss to combine and heat through, remove wok from the heat and toss in the basil leaves and bean sprouts.
- 4Divide mixture between shallow bowls to serve and accompany with the lime wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Prawn (Shrimp) Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 1445.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 37.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: