Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Unsure where we got this recipe from but it is a quick tasty reasonably priced midweek meal for us. If we don't have rice to serve with we mix glass noodles through the mix. If we want to bulk up the vegetable content, chunks of big mushrooms are delicious added too.
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 500 g eggplants, diced large
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons minced chili
- 500 g pork mince
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- Combine soy, fish sauces, sugar and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch cubes and steam until tender.
- Heat wok over high heat, add oil and stirfry eggplant until golden. Remove eggplant with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chili and garlic to the wok, stir fry for 1 minute. Add mince and cook until brown.
- Return eggplant (and mushrooms if using) to wok adding the sauce mix and the coriander.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Serve with jasmine rice or your chosen sides.