Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dish has become popular in thailand few years ago, it has a strong peppery flavors which is quite appealing to the thai taste buds...I just had it for lunch so i thought of sharing it with zaar....enjoy!!
- 200 g lean pork
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion (cut into large pcs)
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, red and orange (cut into squares)
- 2 large chili peppers, red, remove seeds and cut into stripes
- 3 tablespoons ginger, cut into thin stripes
- 1 fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarsely pounded
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup stock
- fry garlic in hot cooking oil until fragrant.
- add pork and keep stir fry until almost ready.
- add onions, ginger, bell peppers, chili peppers, fresh pepper (optional) and liquids.
- add fish sauce, oyster sauce sugar and black pepper, taste and adjust flavors.
- stir fry for a minute.
- serve hot with white rice.
I doubled the recipe and added 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped Thai basil for the very last step and cooked for about 1 minute longer. Absolutely delicious!!
I thought this was good, SO thought there was too much pepper. I will admit that the black pepper was a very strong flavor, but I happen to really like black pepper. If I make this again, I would cut the black pepper in half to appease SO.
Wow! There's a party in my mouth! I subbed sriracha sauce for the fresh chilies (allergies) but otherwise made per recipe. Thanks so much for sharing - this was delicious!