Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
DH and I are eating much healthier now days and this recipe totally fits the bill. I found the basic ingredients on a package of lean ground pork. (which by the way is lower in fat then ground turkey or chicken and delicious) Quick, easy, healthy and full of flavor!***I do not agree with RecipeZaar's calculation of the calories and fat in my recipe. (no offense RZ!) Per the nutrition facts on the lean pork packaging, there are 4 grams of fat and 180 calories total for the pork; plus the minimal amount the other ingredients contribute. Hence my praise for the low fat healthy recipe. :)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground lean pork (4% fat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated (I used jarred)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (optional)
- 4 low-fat low-carb whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown pork in a non-stick skillet over high heat until it is no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. (no need to oil skillet, make sure it's hot) Add ginger, garlic, onion and cole slaw mix and stir fry with pork until vegetables are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except tortillas and cilantro in a small bowl and add to skillet. Cook and stir until all is coated, about a minute.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture onto warm tortillas sprinkled with about a Tbs. of cilantro, or to taste. Roll up to encase filling and serve.
This is so easy! Also a favorite of my husband's. Have made it many times. We like a little uncooked cabbage on each and drizzle of sweet chili sauce. Sweet chili sauce is a must!
So good! Had a wonderful flavor! Super easy too! Makes low carb dieting easy!
This was REALLY GOOD!! We are trying to cut carbs, so I tried making wraps with lettuce leaves. That didn't work, so we ended up just eating it in a bowl with a spoon, but the flavor was fantastic!! I made it according to the directions, adding half the Sriracha while cooking and letting people put on more if they wanted. I was hoping to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, but there aren't any. Thanks for a great recipe!!