Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
OK, DF got me to write this one down. This household staple is a smooth mildly spicey sauce that is a lovely accompaniment to satays or fresh rolled spring rolls. Serve on a flat saucer with a sprinkle of chopped salted peanuts & chopped cilantro. Vicky bets you can't stop eating it!
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Heat curry paste in medium nonstick skillet for a minute.
- Add coconut milk & stir well to dissolve curry paste.
- When paste is dissolved & coconut milk is simmering, add next 4 ingredients.
- Stir constantly until well mixed, adding water by the tablespoonful if too thick.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
OOOps, this is the utmost of peanut sauce. 5 stars definately!!!