Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and easy recipe, sauce can also be used over eggplant or cubed tofu instead of chicken for a vegetarian dish. Delicious over Basmati Rice!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (optional)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Brown chicken in oil.
- Add salt if desired.
- Combine all other ingredients: peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, vingear, chili sauce and garlic.
- Adjust ingredients to taste.
- You can add more or less of the chili sauce or soy sauce to give it a sweeter or saltier flavor.
- Add sauce to chicken once the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sautee for a few minutes until all of the sauce and chicken is combined well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or mint.
I followed the recipe except used 1/2 cup peanut butter based on previous reviews. It tastedlike chicken covered in peanut butter. Then we decided to fry the chicken. It lost some of the peanut butter taste but it sure tasted much better. Unfortunately, will probably not fix again.
Sorry, Maias. This was okay, but not as good as I was hoping. I made double the sauce, with light soy sauce, and chipotle sauce instead of the sweet chili sauce (which I did not have). I probably could have used more to get some heat. I found it didn't have a lot of peanut flavour, just overwhelmingly salty even though I used the light (lower sodium) soy sauce. Before it was heated through it tasted too fishy for my liking, so maybe next time I would reduce the amount of fish sauce. That would probably cut the saltiness, too. I also found the sauce way too thick. I tried to thin it in the pan with white wine, then water, but it didn't seem to help, and the sauce started to separate, which did not look very pretty. My family enjoyed it though, and it was quick and easy to make, so I gave it 3 stars, but I probably won't make it again.
Very good and easy to make. I added some light coconut milk to give it a creamier texture.