Recipe by Maias2Papayas
Delicious and easy recipe, sauce can also be used over eggplant or cubed tofu instead of chicken for a vegetarian dish. Delicious over Basmati Rice!
Top Review by barbq1949
I followed the recipe except used 1/2 cup peanut butter based on previous reviews. It tastedlike chicken covered in peanut butter. Then we decided to fry the chicken. It lost some of the peanut butter taste but it sure tasted much better. Unfortunately, will probably not fix again.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (optional)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in oil.
- Add salt if desired.
- Combine all other ingredients: peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, vingear, chili sauce and garlic.
- Adjust ingredients to taste.
- You can add more or less of the chili sauce or soy sauce to give it a sweeter or saltier flavor.
- Add sauce to chicken once the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sautee for a few minutes until all of the sauce and chicken is combined well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or mint.