Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spicy, crunchy salad with peanuts not peanut butter. If you are like me and don't like raw garlic, you can saute it for 30 seconds to a minute before using. It just seems to get too intense for my taste if allowed to sit for any amount of time.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped (not pressed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, blanched
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, slivered
- 2⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) packageroasted vegetable chips (such as Terra) or 1 (1 ounce) packagesweet potato chips, lightly crushed (such as Terra)
- To make the dressing, combine brown sugar, water, garlic and pepper flakes in a jar with a lid. Add remaining dressing ingredients. Shake well. Or you can whisk the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- To make the salad, toss together all salad ingredients except peanuts, basil, and vegetable chips.
- Immediately before serving, drizzle about two-thirds of dressing over salad. Toss well. Sprinkle with roasted peanuts, herbs and vegetable chips. Pass remaining dressing at the table.
Yum! This salad is super tasty and can be made with easily accessible ingredients. Did not have red peppers and used red onion for color. I love the taste of basil in this salad. The taste of this salad is mild enough to make most people who may not like hot food not notice the addition of red pepper flakes. Thank you for posting this recipe. Made for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game.
This is one of the best salads I've ever had! My whole family loved it! I will definitely be making this again! I used red and green onion and red and green peppers. I also added some Romaine. I might even try using red and green cabbage next time I make this. The dressing is so good, ya wana just drink it straight! For the chips, I used Late July Organics Sweet Potato Multigrain Snack Chips. A salad that's addicting? Yep...this is it!
Really tasty and a big hit with my kids - so I couldn't be happier that I chose this. Very colourful and fresh-tasting, with a fab sweet/sour dressing. A definite repeat.