A hearty open sandwich, topped with a classic flavor combination-- crab with avocado and ginger. Perfect fora light summer lunch, or anytime!
- Mix half the lime juice with the ginger and lemon grass. Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over each slice of bread.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Peel and slice the flesh thinly, then arrange the slices on the bread. Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Spoon the crab meat over the avocado, then add any remaining juice. Spoon over the remaining mayonnaise, top with a cilantro spring.
- Serve immediately.
- *** To make lime-and ginger-flavored mayonnaise, place 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger in a blender. With the motor running, gradually add 1 1/4 cups olive oil, drop by drop, until the mixture is thick and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.***.