I have made this using all three of the above seafood (separately) and I love the New Zealand mussels the best, but any of those are really good. Serve over rice, I use brown Basmati.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb mussels, new zealand or 1 lb medium shrimp, raw peeled and deveined or 1 lb firm flesh white fish fillet, such as cod
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- lime wedge
- 1Heat peanut oil in a 12" skillet on Med heat. Add sesame oil, onions, pepper, carrots and sauté about 5 minutes.
- 2Add squash and zucchini and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- 4Add curry paste, curry powder, cumin and kaffir leaves or lime zest and stir to combine.
- 5Add fish sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- 6Stir in coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- 7Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Add the seafood, cover, and cook, shake the pan occasionally. Cook until the mussels are open if you are using them, discard any that have not opened. If you are using shrimp cook until they turn pink. If using fish, cook until fish easily flakes.
- 9Stir in 1/4 cilantro and remove from heat.
- 10Allow to sit for about 1 minute. Spoon over rice or ladle into bowls and garnish with remaining cilantro.
- 11Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Style Mussels, Shrimp, or Fish
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 712.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves