1/1 Photo of Thai Style Lime Pilaf
Oh, yum! My version of Trader Joe's. I was down to my last bag of TJ's Lime Pilaf and dreaded the long (2hr) drive for more. Decided to try to recreate, this is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy as much as I do! Cook times are approximate, you may need to adjust for your stove/cookware and elevation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 14 ounces light coconut milk (1 can)
- 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup chicken broth, plus
- 1 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1/2 lime, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, slivered
- 1Combine all ingredints except basil in pot, stir over medium heat until reaches boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes without lifting lid.
- 3Remove lid, add basil and fluff with fork. Let sit, covered for 5 additional minutes.
- 4If your rice seems sticky, a small squeeze of fresh lime juice stirred into rice will help.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Style Lime Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
limes, zest of