Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great flavor, fast and easy to make.
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, lean and trimmed, cut into 1 inch cubes (Place the cubes in marinade, in the refrigeratore for at least 8 hours)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, crumbled
- 2 small sweet red peppers (cored and seeded and cut into eights)
- 18 small mushrooms (8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine beef cubes, wine, lemon juice and basil in a bowl, then cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or over night.
- Preheat broiler. Put 6 (12 inch) skewers in cold water to soak. Meanwhile drain beef, keeping the marinade. Thread beef, peppers and mushrooms alternately on the the skewers that were previously soaked. Arrange kabobs on broiler pan.
- Broil kabobs 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, turning after half the time.
- Combine peanut butter, garlic, soy, sugar and the marinade in a small saucepan. You may stir in the drippings for the kabobs. Bring the mixture to boiling over medium heat. Pour over the kabobs and serve.