Recipe by **Jubes**
Quick and Simple. A very easy recipe. Great for lunch or an easy dinner. This recipe is also gluten free if you use a gluten free vegetable stock. You can vary the amount of chillies used to your taste. For a vegetarian dish- leave out the prawns and add some tofu instead
- 100 g dried rice vermicelli (sometimes referred to as rice stick noodles)
- 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock (5 cups)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, pale section only thinly sliced
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn
- 2 long fresh red chilies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced or 1 teaspoon bottled grated gingerroot
- 100 g green beans, topped and cut into 3cm lengths
- 12 button mushrooms, halved
- 350 g peeled green prawns (present nicely with tail left intact)
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice vermicelli in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes and drain off the water.
- Using the same saucepan, combine the stock, lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli and ginger. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and mushrooms. Continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and tomatos. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes , or until the prawns have changed colour.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Divide the noodles among 4 serving bowls. Ladle the soup over the top. Serve immediately.