Recipe by ssej1078_1251510
This was found on the weight watchers website.. just thought that it sounded good.. wanted to add here for safe keeping
Top Review by teresas
Sometimes WW recipes are just not good...this is one of those times...hubby and I both...which isn't often, didn't care for the recipe...it was extremely dry...but it did have the flavor...but no sauce...so not sure how you would serve this over anything...but my choice was to make a lettuce wrap...but that didn't work either...it just wasn't cutting it for us...sorry...made for Spring 2014 PAC
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 fat scallion, white and light-green parts finely chopped, greens reserved for garnish
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- coconut or rice, for serving
- lime wedge, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, lime zest, lime juice and sugar. (If you think your fish sauce is very salty, start with 2 teaspoons; you can add more at the end if the dish needs it.).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic, jalapeño and chopped scallion. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about a minute. Stir in turkey. Cook meat, breaking it up with a fork, until it is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture and cook for a minute or so, until flavors come together. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Scatter with sliced scallion greens. Serve, over warm coconut or regular rice, with lime wedges on the side.